Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Third Point: Memphis

Third Point: Memphis, Tennessee & stopping point at Knoxville

(9 hours, 4 min; 561 miles; trip so far: 11 hours 52 min; 735 miles)

Highway Rating: North Carolina - 3.5 out of 10

Tennessee – 7 out of 10

(We’ve been rating the highway as we go!)

Whew, yesterday was a loooong day! But the drive wasn’t too bad. We had a great start – I got my car stuck in the ditch at Chad’s mom and dad’s house!! What a site, and we forgot to get a picture :o)! The drive through the Asheville mountain and gorge wasn’t too bad. It got a little crazy when we had to drive through one lane of traffic.








Then we reached TN.


The mountains are SOO beautifull! I always love coming through the mountains of TN.

We made it to Knoxville and met my dad, my stepmom, my brother (Connor), my grandmother, and my aunt for lunch at Calhoun’s.


Like our Ninja Turtle? Be on the lookout for him on some of our stops!


After Calhoun’s, we headed for the rest of our 6 hour drive. We drove up and down the Appalachian Mountains. We even drove on top of the mountains (scary!!!). The view was AWESOME, though! We went through Cookeville, Crossville, and then on to Nashville. Nashville is HUGE. I wanted to take a picture, but the camera battery went dead :o(. We finally reached Memphis at 8:00 east coast time and 7:00 whatever time Memphis is. We ate IHOP and I ordered the Minion taters (Despicable Me movie) – YUM.. haha!!! Oh yeah, and today is going to be a scorcher – 104 with heat index of 115 degrees ----YUCK!

Schedule for today: Hit the Mississippi River, Stop at Conway, Arkansas, some rest areas, and then Oklahoma City

Next Point: Oklahoma City